Make Time to sit at a Dinner Table together With your family!


Make Time to sit at a Dinner Table together With your family!

There is something special about sitting together at the table as a family.  It brings you and your family together and it gives you time to really talk about your day As well as showing working as a time to get dinner ready as well as setting the table.

Growing up we would sit at the table for every meal lunch dinner and breakfast as well as dessert we were never allowed to eat in the other rooms we always ate at the table. I can remember getting and counting out the   plates to set the table as well as getting the cups out and napkins and i would also use names tags to show you were we would sit. 

We would sit at the table every Sunday after church too my dad would have lunch ready for use when we got home he always did make the best baked spaghetti.

When we Go to my Grandma house to visit we always sit at the table for every meal breakfast lunch and dinner. she decorates the dinner table so beautiful with fine china and matching dishes my grandma has taught me hot to set the table like a pro knifes  and spoons go on the left and forks go on the right and she taught me how to fold a napkins.

Growing up my mom always found fun ways to get use to eat the table she would like use pick out are own table mats and cups as well as dishes.

With Dinner meals and TV treys we have lost the art of sitting a table and eating as a family that has taken over family time and no one knows how to cook and people have  lost there table manners. 

Most people do not know how to set a table anymore as well as knowing what table manners are i learned at a very young age how to act at a table as well as how to set a table. 

Me and my sisters were never allowed to act up at the dinner table we learned how to act and how manners are important at a table with family.

We also learned at a young age to pray for every meal it seems people don't know how to do that any more it is so important to pray as a family at the dinner table thanking God for are food we are about to eat.

My Grandma said also that it is important  so that the family can discuss how the day went; they can discuss any news, it's a time for fellowship.


God blessed use with the gift of family and i believe that we should be eating at the dinner table together to have fellowship with one another as well as talking about are day and it really does bring family together and enjoy the time we have together know.

Do you sit at the table with your family? 

Why do you think it is important to sit at the table as a family?

love to hear from you

Enjoy Reading 







Comments

  1. I love this!! <3 My husband & I are just a family of two right now, but we try to eat with our parents/in-laws as much as possible to enjoy a larger family meal together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We absolutely sit at the table for meals. It is a great time to connect. Back when we had a land line and an answering machine, one of my kids "threatened" to change the message. "We are either gone or having a family meal and our mother thinks nothing is more important than family meals, so we will call you back later".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is a cute story thank you for sharing this with me dinner time is family time :)

      Delete
  3. Our two boys are quite young so they eat dinner much earlier than hubby and I so we tend to eat in front of the tv. Once we all start eating dinner at the same time we'll eat at the dining table together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom also put a priority on eating as a family. Not tv was a big rule. Sure, we had a few family nights where we ate dinner in the living room, but those were few and far between. As adults, my husband and I almost never eat at the table together and now that we have a daughter we are trying to change our habits. What suggestions do you have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree we used to be allowed to eat in and watch tv on Friday nights. try making it fun for her have her help set the table as well as

      Delete
  5. This was always something we did growing up and we did this as a family. No eating in front of the tv.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sitting together as a family is very important to us too. Dinner time is usually the only time we are actually all together and can catch up on all we have done that day. We have been doing since my girls were babies and plan to continue as the grow oder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed reading this. Families eating together seems to be a dying thing these days. But the best memories are made sitting around the dinner table with the ones you love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We sit down to dinnner every night and lunch on the weekends. It's important to talk and look at each other face to face. I'm so glad we aren't the only ones who believe this is important. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the routine of sitting together as a family. I can't see us ever changing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I was growing up, we always sat at the table together..AND pity anyone who missed eating our dinner with the family. We kids knew where our place was at dinnertime and we better be there at that table. We used to discuss the day's activities, what we liked about that day, what our plans were for tomorrow etc. I miss those great ole days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is something my parents were so good about - having us all together at dinner. As I have grown up, I've seen how many people don't get that family togetherness each day. So glad you shared this!
    xo, SC // SCsScoop.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dinner is almost always enjoyed at that table. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post! I love that you shared so many happy memories of eating at the table together.

    I think when I have children, if love that too be part of our daily routine ☺

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Growing up home schooled the movies we would watch and places we would go!

Interviewing Patricia Moore Children's Author 2017.

Epilepsy Gods blessing and MChickens