Epilepsy And Church 2017


Epilepsy And Church 2017 


I have epilepsy and i do enjoy going to church a lot i always ask my parents are we going to church today. 

But with Epilepsy sometimes church is hard for me to enjoy because of  the lights they us bother me my old church group had flashing lights so i ended up having a seizure as church because of that. So i started telling the pastor and the light people that i have epilepsy so they turned them of for me and that helped me out a lot i was thankful for that.

I have anxiety issues really bad because of my Epilepsy and my medicine so a lot of people make me feel over whelmed at times.
As well as the loud music makes me get a headache and i have to sit down for a minute sometimes sitting down helps me and taking a deep breath.


Also with me having epilepsy my seizures cause me to zone out and because of that i miss what the pastor is talking about but i do my best and write down what i can and learn from that and study that and the plus side is that some church have live videos of the message on there church website so i can always go back and relisting to it. 

I also like to pray and ask the Lord please help me not have seizure at church again and please help me with my anxiety and to calm down and i no he hears me and i can trust him to keep me safe.

I love going to church with family and listing to the worship music as well as just being at church.

Some church safety is make sure your church knows you have epilepsy and they can help you and make sure the flashing lights or off for you and make sure you feel welcomed there.

Also never go anywhere alone if you are going to church with a friend or family member make sure they know you have epilepsy   and tell them how to help you and what to do for you if you have a seizure.

I need to do what's best for me and my safety and never put my self in danger that's why i tell my friends and family and church that i have epilepsy and i share with them how they can help me if i need it and what to do if i have a seizure.

I also have a medical bracelet that i made my self and i wear that with me and if you have a illness you should be wearing a medical bracelet too so people can see what you have and are able to help you.


Also with epilepsy always bring some you can trust to go with you on vacation are road trips are any were that's new so they can look out for you and help you if you need it and with my sisters that all know what to do if i have a seizure.

I love the Lord Jesus with all my heart and i know he hears me and protects me as well as helping me enjoy church and learning from the messages. 

With my epilepsy i have learned how to trust the lord and how to praise him through the pain and the sadness and hurt and all that comes with having epilepsy as well as anxiety. God is everything to me and i do not let my epilepsy get in the way of worshiping him.     
One of my favorite bible verses is this one.
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

Enjoy reading Angelika 




  





Comments

  1. It is always a good thing to let leaders of your church know of your epilepsy. This way, they aren't
    caught off guard, they know what to look for and know what to do; also, they can be considerate
    and not be so loud on the music side of the service. Epilepsy is nothing to be ashamed of...it can
    be treated like all other health issues with special medication.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never considered how flashing lights or other visual things might affect people with epilepsy at church. I'm glad your church stopped using flashing lights for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Growing up home schooled the movies we would watch and places we would go!

Interviewing Patricia Moore Children's Author 2017.

Epilepsy Gods blessing and MChickens